I’ve got a lovely couple coming to me today all the way from Wales! I’m just taking a breather from my preparations to write this post and let other photographers know what I’m doing to prepare. It’s one hour until our session and I’m…
- Looking over all of our emails to make sure I remember their names, the details of the session and promises I’ve made about what they can expect for their session.
- Going through these emails, I remember that it’s their 25th Anniversary today! Must stop on my way and pick up flowers & chocolates.
- Printing client information form, receipt and model release.
- Looking through my inspiration folder and dragging ideas I’m really ‘feeling’ into my iPhone photos folder so I can have them on hand if inspiration dries up.
- Doing all the typical battery/memory card checks and packing my bags.
- Giving my lens a clean.
- Having a snack even though I’m not hungry (yet). I can get pretty shaky when I’m hungry so I should juice up now.
- I’m out of batteries! Must leave 5 mins early just incase I need them for my flash.
Note: The session went beautifully without a hitch. The inspiration shots were a lifesaver and so was my assistant who I asked to keep an eye on them and make suggestions now and then.
She blogs about photography and business with her unique plain English approach. Elizabeth has been-there-done-that with running a photography business that doesn’t profit a penny and loves teaching photographers how to get away from the starving artist model of running a creative business.
Latest posts by Elizabeth Halford (see all)
- 3 Things to Know Before Ordering Huge Prints or Canvases - November 15, 2017
- Booking a Client – The First Call - November 13, 2017
- An Hour Before A Session – What am I doing just before I walk out the door? - November 1, 2017